Now that time of the year has come around, where i just want to get all cosy and watch films whilst eating homemade cakes. Caramel brownies are one of my many faves. So i thought i would share the recipe that i follow with you! And here the recipe for the The perfect salted caramel brownies.
You will need…
200g Unsalted Butter
100g 70% Chocolate
100g 50% Chocolate
397g Carnation Caramel
1 tsp Falke Sea Salt
200g Golden Caster Suagr
130g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter in a pan and add in the 70% and 50% chocolate and remove the pan from the heat and wait for the cubes to melt.
- Put 175g carnation caramel and 1 tsp sea salt into a small mixing bowl and mix it altogether.
- The rest of the caramel needs to put into a large mixing bowl, alone with caster sugar and 4 eggs. Whisk it altogether., as well as adding in the chocolate and butter too.
- Combine the plain flour, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt into another bowl and then add the mixture on top of the chocolate mix. Beat together only until it’s smooth.
- Pour only half of the brownie mixture into your tin and evenly spread out with either a spoon or spatula.
- Spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the mixture in even strips.
- Spoon in the rest of the brownie mixture and spread it evenly over the top
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, then bake for around 25-30 mins, but long if need be.
- Leave to cool in the tin and the cut into squares.