It has been a while since i baked a cake. So i thought i would share my favourite lemon drizzle cake recipe. There’s no need to run to the shops, this banana bread is so easy to prepare, literally take about 30 minutes in the oven and tastes so good.
What you will need
200g Unsalted Butter
200g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Lemon (Zest and Juice)
200g Self-Raising Flour
50g Ground Almonds
150g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven 180°C/fan 160°C.
- Place your loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Put both butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat together until they become light and fluffy.
- Then add in the eggs one by one, in with the mixture and beat together well.
- Add in the vanilla and lemon zest and juice.
- Fold in the self-raising flour and almonds (optional) until it’s well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin and bake for approx 55-60 mins.
- Once it’s been fully baked, allow to cool the tin for approx 15 mins. Then completely remove and leave it to cool completely.
- Mix together the icing sugar and a little lemon juice and pour over the cake. Allow the icing to drip down the sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds over the cake (optional).