Oh, who doesn’t love a good face mask – whether thats in sheet form, clay form or a peel off mask – and just chilling on the sofa. But have you ever thought about doing your very own DIY face mask – let’s be honest, alot of the time we are pretty lazy – if we are trueful to ourselves, can we really be asked, have the time or even the money to keep runnig to the store every week for new face masks. The short and simple answer is no!
Also, choosing a mask that is right for your skin type can be a task in itself, but by comparisoning the idea of just driving in a stash of goodies in the kitchen can make for budget-friendly hack to feel like a beautiful and relaxing day at the spa. Plus when you want to give back to your skin and give it some TLC, but can’t warnt the prices of shop brought face masks, then try out the following homemade mask recipes that will not only save you money, but alsoa beautiful glow at-home that money can’t buy!
An easy two-part anti-inflammatory turmeric face mask, that also contains honey that is great for brightening the skin appearance. There are two says “less is more” and “the more natural the better”.
- Combined 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 tsp of honey together and blend them into a smooth orange face mask mixture.
- Then apply your face mask mixture onto your dry and clean ski. Leave for between 15-20 minutes.
- To remove the mixture, rinse off with lukewarm water. To seal in all the goodness, choose a good face moisturiser.
organic banana face mask
- In a mixing bowl, mash 1 half of banana.
- Then mix in 1 tsp of orange juice and 1 tsp of honey.
- Apply the mask to your face (don’t worry about the lumps, they are totally fine!). Keep the mixture on the skin for 15 minutes.
- To remove the face mask, rinse off with lukewarm water and then remember to moistuise.
Cocoa dream hydration mask
This fully, yummy edible mask that works wonders for you face – avocado is extremely hydrating, cocoa is great for skin-smoothing antioxidant and honey is an anitbacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Mash 1 quarter of an avocado in a small mixing bowl.
- Combined 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp honey, then mash and mix well together.
- Apply the mask mixture on to dry, clean skin and leave for upto 10 minutes.
- Then rinse off using warm water, then moisturise well.
This breakfast mask is great to help calm down and mattify oily skin, which is thanks to mixutre of smooth oatmeal and tightening egg yolks.
- Add together 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp olive oil (yep, you heard that right…..Olive Oil!) and half a cup of oatmeal.
- Then stir all the ingredients well, before then applying it onto your face. Allow to set for between 15-20 minutes.
- To rinse off, apply lukewarm water to our face and then moisturise well. (Rememeber to make sure the your plug hole is cool with the oatmeal!)
buttery hydration mask
Whenever you are in doubt about which face mask is right, an exfoliating mask alway seem to be the answer. All the following ingredients for this easy DIY face mask can be found in your fridge, and i will also leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Firstly, add together 1/2 cup of buttermilk as well as 2 tbsp plain natural yogurt.
- Leave the mixture on you face for a couple of hours, before then washing it off and see the glowy results like no other.
Do you make your own DIY face mask at home? What is favourite face mask recipe?