Happy Monday! I thought in today post, i would do something a little different. I love to bake, even though i’m not the best. But this time around, i actually think it turn out really good.
So if your looking for something that looks gorgeous and taste delicious, then this simple cherry bakewell cake recipe can you give you the chance to start baking again!
You will need
200g Golden Caster Sugar
100g Ground Almonds
100g Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Almond Extract or Essence
½ Jar of Morella Cherry Conserve
175g Icing Sugar
5-6 tsp Water/Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Ready-Toasted Flaked Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180C/fan 160C. Line your cake tin with baking paper.
- Beat together all the cake ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and level the top.
- Bake for 30 mins or until your cake becomes golden brown.
- Allow the sponge cool for few mins. Then take it out the tin and place it on a wire rack. Wait a few more mins until it’s completely cool.
- Once cool, cut the sponge in half. Spread the jam evenly on the sponge and sandwich the two half’s together.
- Sieve icing sugar into a bowl and add water or lemon juice. Then stir until smooth and thick.
- Spread the icing over the top and let it drip down the side.scatter the almond nuts and leave it to set for s mins before cutting.
- And finally, here you have a cherry bakewell cake.